Friday, April 3, 2009

silly sentiment

i love hand me downs. when it's time to break into a new bin the excitement hits almost like it's christmas. so many treasures to behold! outfits that i loved but had forgotten existed until my hands pull them out of their hibernation place. each article overflowing with fond memories, anxious to make new ones. one of my favorite hand me downs is this outfit that my mom bought for bella when she was just a wee little one.
i don't know what it is about this particular outfit, but i love it so much. i think i appreciate the sporty\casual look. the comfort it provides to the little one wearing it. the snappy blue, yellow color combination. it's charm is a mystery but i have to say that i shed a little tear the other day when i realized that it's time to pack it away forever because it's just a smidgy too small. so goodbye to you, you have served us well and provided us with many wonderful memories.

4 comments:

Jandi said...

Not silly, I share your excitement.

Laura Campbell said...

I too LOVE comfy looking clothes for my kids...they just look so cozy I just want to cuddle them all day long. :-)

Olivia said...

I have feelings like that about some of my kids clothes too. And then there are OTHER feelings about some of their clothes. Like: Awwww, these are the pj's that she poo'd in after she figured out how to take off her diaper through the outside of her pajamas. So sweet.

Kendria said...

Maybe your granddaughter will dote the outfit... I hear styles come back around... You may see it again someday! :) hahahaha