Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day 09

i have to confess, that in the past i have not been a big fan of mothers day as it pertains to me. i'm all about giving thanks to my mom and mother in law for all the hard work and love that they have put into me over the years. but when it came to mother's day being about me, i sorta checked out of the situation. mostly because it seemed like i had too high of expectations. the kids were going to be perfect and i wouldn't have to do anything but sit back and relax all day. well in the real world that's just not how life is sometimes. BUT i found out today that the answer to the mother's day problem is that my kids just weren't old enough. this year has been perfect. when brooke woke up and realized it was mother's day she went and woke everyone else up and they got started on breakfast. they wanted to wake me up but larry informed them that mother's day is not like christmas and you let mom sleep as long as she wants. then at breakfast they all gave me the presents they had made. so sweet!! and now larry is making one of my all time favorite meals; chicken kabobs with grilled pineapple. YUM! and for dessert a big ice cream bar with all kinds of goodies. as for my present from larry, he made me drawers yesterday for my bathroom vanity instead of those fake little drawer fronts. why do they take the time to make the drawer fronts but not an actual drawer??
so thanks to my family for making this the best mother's day. and honestly most of the thanks goes to my kids because they have wanted nothing but the best for me today and it has really been touching and sweet. even lily has been a good little girl all day. we only had to take her out of church once today instead of the usual 5 times. yes, i do believe this is the best mother's day ever......

1 comments:

Olivia said...

Yea! You deserve it! Happy Mother's day!!!