Wednesday, July 8, 2009

back to school

it has been blazin hot here all week. the kind of heat that let's you know it's summertime. which makes it even more bizzaro that my girls started school this week!!
there are a lot of things i LOVE about year round school. starting right after the 4th of july however is not one of them.
bella was very excited to start 4th grade and was missing her friends that don't live in the neighborhood. so in all honesty she was ready to get to school. don't you love how ginormous her backpack is??? when stuffed with her school supplies i bet it weighed almost as much as she does.
brooke has been begging to go to kindergarten since the beginning of last school year. so she was more than ready for the school year to start. it's hard to believe that the time has come for her to embark on her academic career. they just grow up way too fast.

5 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Crazy they're starting school! I think year round school would be nice when they're younger so summer isn't so looooooong. They look so gorgeous. Seriously, they're already gorgeous in Kindergarten and 4th grade! You guys are going to have fun when they're teenagers! :-) The boys will be lining up!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! Our school is going back to traditional, and I honestly think I am going to miss year round.

hansen7coleader said...

I can't believe it's time for school! I thought I liked year round, but I have to say modified tradtional is the best! (sorry) They both look so grown up! We are excited for 4th and kindergarten too!

Jenn said...

I can't believe our kids are old enough for kindergarten. I remember meeting you outside the nursery doors. Seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

Kendria said...

Bella's bag is cute... did you make it?! Year round school has got to be the best ever!