Monday, July 6, 2009

cliff diving

for the past few years we have spent the 4th of july out of town with family. the original plan for this year was for 3 of my brothers and their families to come explore the beautiful colorado mountains with us. unfortunately we had a lot of scheduling conflicts and that didn't happen. so instead, the kids and i went to moab and visited with char and nancy's kids where i allowed my son to jump off a cliff.
ok - so it's not a HUGE cliff, but when your 11....... it's pretty stinkin cool!
cousin sam striking a pose in mid air cousin austin doing a little air jordan
brendan doing a little free style. the boys had so much fun diving over and over again waiting for me to get the perfect shot. unfortunately my camera doesn't snap fast enough so these are the best pictures i could get.

the biggest thing missing from our vacation was ........ Larry! he is actually in nauvoo this week working with his dad. so for the first time ever i was flying solo on vacation. can't say i liked it to much. but the kids had a lot of fun and we did a lot of cool stuff which hopefully i will post in the next day or so.

** side note **
in case you are concerned about the safety of the boys during this activity please note that the number one rule was you could not under any circumstances jump in head first.

5 comments:

Jandi said...

YIKES! Scary, but fun I am sure... Glad you're back.

Olivia said...

I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough for that, but it does look fun!

Laura said...

wow super cool. Emmitt would love it!!! I saw Larry at church. I told him to tell you hi from me so lets see if he does!!!

Angie Fellows said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. you are SO brave to go on a trip solo. Happy belated bday! I was thinking of you on the actual day and hoping it was a good day for you.

kim said...

Wow, that would've been scary to watch Brendan do that. I bet he had fun though. Hope you had a great birthday.