Saturday, May 29, 2010

LOST - the final installment

The show that has captivated us for the last 6 years has come to an end.
But how do you celebrate the ending of something that you have invested so much time into??
Why throw a little party that's how!
Die Hard LOST fans only!
Once you pass through the hatch the fun begins!

The infamous smoke monster paid us a visit.
I was worried that he didn't get his invitation.

Charlie's last message.
Oh the tears I shed when that message was delivered!

Our Dharma issued beverages


Lots of tropical food!
(some of the food items are missing)



The LOST cake
Beach, Crashed Airplane, Jungle and Temple
It even had a golden center to represent the "light" of the island
You can't have a party without guests.
And I just have to say that we have the best friends ever!
All our favorite LOST characters attended!
Crazy Rousseau
Kate frantically punching in the magic numbers.
Keeping everything in balance

Sawyer
(kendria insisted on being sawyer! i didn't make her!)

I don't think we really settled on an identity

Jack
(I really, really wanted to draw on Jack's tattoos but didn't have time)
Shannon and Jacob
(I think Drew intended to be someone else, but he looks just like Jacob)
Sun was in attendance as well but missed her photo opp.
Thanks so much guys for celebrating the end with us!
And for going along with our crazy themed party.
As for the finale.
I don't think I can even begin to sum up my feelings.
For me, it was extremely emotional.
So much so that days later when I would think of it I would get a little teary.
I didn't love the way it ended.
In fact, at first I was really mad; and sad.
But what I did love about it was that in the end they were all together.
They were all happy.
And the finale reminded me how much I had grown to love all the characters.
If I had to sum it all up I would say that it was about finding yourself, redemption and faith.
I have a lot more to say about the show and my philosophy but let's be honest;
Who is really going to read all that??
So I will sign off with a thanks.
Thanks for 6 years of gripping, soul searching tv.
I shed some serious tears throughout this series.
And I loved every single minute of it!
Except for killing Jin and Sun
That was a sucker punch

5 comments:

Angela Henderson said...

seriously, so crative and awesome!!! I love it, I wish I could have been there!

Olivia said...

haha, I love it. You love everything, but you're not forgetting that they killed sun and jin. Well, I'm not either. Or when they killed Libby. That really ticked me off too. I want there to be another season somehow. It was SUCH a great show. And SUCH a GREAT party!!! Thanks again for throwing it! You thought of everything and it all looked so fantastic!!!!
Love,
Sun

Kristen said...

It really was such a fun party. The show blew my mind. I love lost! Thanks again for such a fun night.

Jami said...

I love the front door. You did a great job. You are so creative.

Kendria said...

Thanks so much for a good party. Thanks for sharing an ice cream sandwich on my porch before I left. I already miss you... a lot!