Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Fedora Wearing Archaeologist Is Back!


At last, the new Indiana Jones movie opened today. There is one member of the Hahl family that has been anxiously awaiting this moment. Brendan discovered Indiana Jones earlier this year and has found himself a new hero! For the last week I have heard a daily countdown to the premiere. So when I saw that the local theaters were having midnight showings I knew that I had to take him. Now understand that this is not something we would normally do. However, he is off track from school so there was no concern there. And when I say that he has been counting down the days that is not an exaggeration. The kid was SO excited. And I knew that this would be one of those experiences that he would remember for years to come. So late last night, we headed out to the movie theater for our first mommy and son date! And can I just tell you that we had such a blast. We got there early to make sure we had good seats so we passed the time sharing popcorn and just chatting about whatever he wanted to talk about. And there was only one Indy impersonator there (minus the whip, that would have made me a little bit nervous!). Brendan of course thought that he looked great and wished that he had thought of it. The movie itself was really good and entertaining. I was worried that I would fall asleep since I am not a late night person but I am proud to say that I saw every last second! And Brendan loved, loved, loved it. Probably would have stayed and watched it again if they would have let him. We had such a good time together. I am so glad that is was just the two of us. It's so easy to get caught up with the younger kids because they always seem to need something from me where as Brendan's needs are on a different level. This was a great way for he and I to connect with each other and just have a good time. Thanks for being such a great date Brendan!!

3 comments:

Kimber said...

Tammy that is sooo fun! I'm sure Brendan will remember for a long time how cool his mom is!!! Those are the moments that matter. I love the blog, it has been way to long! love ya Kimber

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

It has been too long hasn't it! That is why I love your blog as well. Makes the miles and time seem closer. Love Tam

Unknown said...

Tammy you Rock! That is the greatest! Getting to spend time with your son doing a guy thing. I remember my midnight trip to the movies for Star Wars, Yeah it was great.