Monday, October 13, 2008

sewing 101

i've had this fabric hanging around the house for the last 6 months or so. it has been begging me to transform it into a skirt for lily. the problem with that scenario is that i do not know how to sew. it's something that i would like to learn. i have a sewing machine. it's older than i am but it still works. so last week i convinced kim c. to come over and show me how to sew a skirt. it turned out so fabulous! totally adorable. lily loved it.i did the basic part of the skirt and then kim did the more difficult parts like the waistband and the too cute for words pleats at the bottom. thanks so much kim!
creating something from nothing was so satisfying and now i have this little sewing bug growing. i hope that with some practice additional creations will follow. project runway here i come!! well, in my dreams anyway ;)

11 comments:

Jandi said...

I love that skirt. Where's Kinlie's? Great job!

kim cherry said...

it does look cute on her! it is quite satisfying isn't it??

Olivia said...

It's even cuter in person, and I want one just like it :0

kim said...

It looks great! Good job. Love the fabric. Can't wait to see the finished poodle skirts too.

Natalie said...

that Kim - such a great teacher! I have a swatch of that same fabric and I love it - so fanciful.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Very cute! I am impressed!

Jami said...

Way to go! I love the skirt. I love the fabric. You may be getting calls from me to help me sew!

Kimber said...

Way to go! It turned out so cute. Way to learn something new.

Kaldor Family said...

Great job, I am so proud of you!

Kendria said...

You should make some to sell at the craft show in November! So cute! Where did you get that fabric. I like it!

hansen7coleader said...

That skirt is way cute! I so want to learn how to sew stuff like that! Especially Halloween Costumes! I can only do pillow cases! You get good at it and teach me?