Friday, February 6, 2009

mission accomplished!

well, i might be jinxing myself my doing this post BUT i'm so excited i can hardly stand it! lily is potty trained!!! there were a couple of hairy, chaotic days where i wanted to throw in the towel and break out the diapers again. but i held my ground, ate a lot of chocolate to soothe my shot nerves and we made it! she is doing such a great job. accidents are practically non existent. since the weather has been so awesome we have wasted the last two afternoons soaking up the sun at the park and yesterday she didn't have to go the entire time we were there. so fare thee well diapers. may i never have to spend another cent on you again!!

ps - one of my daycare mom's is planning on potty training her little girl while she is on vacation. so with any luck soon i will only have one little ones diaper to change compared to the four little ones i was changing a few weeks ago. ahhh - bliss is mine!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, congratulations. Brett is 20 and I would love to be able to change his diapers again. Well, not at age 20...you know what I mean. Good Job Miss Lilly!

Jandi said...

Yeah, NO diapers is GOOD...

Olivia said...

I'm so glad your consistency paid off! That Lily is a smart one, I knew she would figure it out. And it didn't even take any bribing or trying to convince her that "Mike wanted her to try!" LOL! That was so funny the day you tried that!!

Natalie said...

congrats - potty training is my least favorite of parenting tasks. so glad you've made it through!

Jami said...

That is great! She did a good job.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy~

Cracking up reading your blog this evening. I told Rick you have a Cricut too, and he knew enough to ask if it was the Big E or the little bug. He gets it!! We have several vinyl walls in our house too.

Can't find your email. Give us a call or email soon.

This is my first post on a blog so forgive me if I've flubbed it up.

Karen James