Monday, February 2, 2009

new love

(to the tune of the christmas waltz)

it's that time of year.... clearance treasures you find...... so much joy to buy something cheap...



i.am.in.love with my target clearance find. i love these stylin converse that i picked up for a mere 6 singles. the only problem is that they are at least half a size too big. i was in a hurry at the store and didn't have time to try them on so i grabbed the size that should fit. converse fit a little weird anyway. but of course i love them so much that i will wear them regardless. the last time i had shoes that were to big was in the 7th grade. and i still have a scar with a gorgeous dent on my shin where running up the metal stairs at the state junior high basketball game the tip of my empty shoes slide right off. let me set the stage for you - i was a cheerleader and we all had to match. so we went as a group to get our shoes. i had really small feet at the time and they didn't make my size in the shoe that everyone wanted. i didn't want to make any waves so i bought the too big shoes insisting that they would be fine. and the whole season they were. but on that day, running up those stairs, right before the big game where i had to cheer, i was cursing those shoes. bleeding, in pain and feeling like a major fool. don't you love junior high memories?? i know i do ;)
i've been busy around the house doing some vinyl work. i promise that this will be my last vinyl post; for awhile anyway. i really like how this tile turned out. prayerful could be a little bit more centered but for someone who can't tell that something is off or crooked unless it's majorly off - it's actually pretty good.

i put this one in the girls room of course. growing up i always wanted a sister. i craved that sisterly bond. so i am forever telling my girls how important it is that they are not only sisters but friends as well.


on this one i was trying to figure out how to make a phrase curve. it didn't turn out exactly how i wanted, but i know why and next time i'll get it right. i hope anyway!

front side.....


back side

5 comments:

Olivia said...

very cute vinyl stuff! I really like the tile, you were right. and I DO know someone who wears a shoe size 1/2 bigger than you, if you ever decide those shoes just might make you fall UP the stairs again. Cuz that's what it sounds like you did back in Junior High. LOL!! Anyway, those shoes are rockin'!

kim said...

Nice shoes and for a great price too. I like the vinyl things you have done around the house. way cute!

Ruth said...

Cute Vinyl. Looks like you are having fun with your new machine.

Angie Fellows said...

Your vinyl stuff looks great! I love them all! Very cute converse shoes too!

Jami said...

I love all the vinyl! And the shoes of course. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who tripped alot! I have a ton of stories and mine are after high school too.