Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my movie list

for date night larry and i went to the movies. one of my favorite parts of the movie is the trailers. i am always excited to see what movies are coming up and inevitably there is at least one trailer that sparks my interest. but this time all the trailers were so lame! there seriously was not one movie that i wanted to see. i was so disappointed and honestly felt a little bit robbed. so i decided to make my own trailer line up. these are all movies that are coming out in the next few months that i really want to see. some of them have not been rated yet so they might not make the final cut but for now; here they are!
(click on the titles to watch the trailers)


Australia


hugh jackman, nicole kidman, world war II, set in unbelievable australia; need i say more? i mean really....do i need to say more??




Defiance





i love movies that are inspired by true events. especially ones that involve people doing extraordinary things. defiance is about three brothers living in nazi occupied poland during wwII. to escape certain death, they flee to the forest where they fight for survival against the nazis and the elements. what begins as their struggle quickly becomes the struggle of thousands as others join them.



The Secret Life of Bees





this movie is based on the best selling novel of the same name and is set in south carolina during the civil rights era. the story revolves around a young girl who is on a difficult journey of self discovery and the family of bee keeping sisters that help her get there. i think i'm going to need a box of tissues for this one.



Twilight



last, but certainly not least, twilight. i really cannot wait for this movie. i am not ashamed, even though i probably should be, of how much i love this series of books and hope that the movie is able to capture the essence of the story that we all love. i use the word "we" loosely but i know that there are many of you out there that are just as excited as i am for this one.



9 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am excited for the Twilight movie, and I didn't love the series, I only liked it. I think it looks really intense and super cool. I read the book "The Secret Life of Bees", and liked it, so hopefully the movie is good.

Olivia said...

I love this idea!! I'm gonna totally do my own trailor, if that's okay with you :)

I agree with all of your picks, but I am most excited about Secret Life of Bees (that was a very good book, btw) and also defiance. It just looks so good. And...okay, I am excited for all of them!

Jenn said...

WOW! You have excellent taste! I read the book "Secret Life of Bees" and liked it, so I am excited to see the movie--I didn't even know they were making one! We should have a girls night to see some of those!

kim cherry said...

definitely some good flicks on that list. all of them look awesome!

kim said...

thanks for sharing the previews. it is always nice to have movies to look forward too!

Natalie said...

DEFIANCE and AUSTRALIA have been on my "must see" list for months - they both promise to be awesome.

Jandi said...

TWILIGHT! I am only a little ashamed of my obsession with a 17 year old vampire. Still, can't wait. Do I smell a girls night in November?

hansen7coleader said...

I never hear much about movies, so I'm glad to know of some good ones! BUT, I am totally excited and have been anxiously awaiting the Twilight Movie! And yes, I am a fan!

Kendria said...

I am so on the same page with you as far as these movies are concerned... High Jackman, Daniel Criag- SOLD...