Monday, September 1, 2008

Is It Music - Or Just A Bunch Of Noise??

I am a HUGE music fanatic. All types of music appeal to me so it is not uncommon for my music library to contain everything from classical Broadway tunes to alternative. Lately my musical ear has been tuned in to the group Muse. The other night I was working on the computer, enjoying a few selections when Larry came in and asked me what on earth I was listening to. Instantly déjà vu settled in and I was pulled back in time, having a "you call that music?" conversation with my dad, except he was disguised as my husband. Disapproval heavy in his voice with no appreciation for the absolute genius of it. I was convinced that it was just that particular song so I played a couple different ones for him expecting him to get it. Imagine my frustration and disappointment when he still didn't! How can this be I wondered?? Had my musical taste drifted a little too far this time? Surely not........ So I implore you to listen and tell me what you think. If you don't like it, that's cool, no hard feelings. And if you do like it, then I know I'm not totally out in left field all by myself. This is my favorite Muse song, but I will admit that the video is a little bizarre.

"Time Is Running Out"

On a completely different note, the first twelve chapters of Midnight Sun were leaked on the internet. Due to the leak, Stephanie Meyer has postponed the completion of the book indefinitely. However, she has the "chapters" available on her website. It's a good read.


click on the "" to listen and read

3 comments:

Olivia said...

leaked on the internet?! That's just wierd. I'd like to hear how that happened...

NOt to worry, Tammy. Your MUSE-ical taste is great. That song is awesome. It's probably Larry is just getting old.

Haha!! :) Just kidding, LArry.

kim cherry said...

well, as you know, i do love muse. and that song is in my top 5 for sure.

kim said...

I really liked that song. I do not think you have bad taste at all in music.