Wednesday, January 7, 2009

my list for 2009

at the start of each new year i make a few resolutions, which i never keep. so this year instead of making resolutions i'm making a to do list and i'm documenting it for all to see so that i will be more inclined to check them off my list. a little peer pressure sometimes is a good thing.

get in shape - this one has many subcategories

  • spiritually; i want to earnestly strive to deepen my relationship with our lord and savior jesus christ

  • my life; there are a few areas of my life that are currently in a state of transition or free floating. i need to figure out what i really want and how i'm going to get there.

  • my house; as the kids get bigger and the house doesn't we have less and less space. i need to organize starting from the top and working my way down to declutter and reorganize.

  • my physical being; on the list every year what can i say??

  • my talents; i will never have my singing voice back the way it used to be. but i need to improve it's current state as much as i can. it hurts me that it's gotten the way it is. i don't think it's even half of what it used to be. i also really want to sharpen my piano playing abilities. playing never came naturally to me so when i stopped playing in regular intervals my ability declined rapidly. i'm sure that i will never be able to play as well as i did before, but anything will be an improvement from where i am at now.

i also need to work on priorities. a lot of times i find myself worrying about the stuff that just isn't going to matter six months from now.

and now for one of my biggest, and most personal goal. i miss my brothers terribly. it has been a really long time since i have seen most of them. there are five still living and two of them i haven't seen for.... brace yourselves..... 8 years this spring. can you believe that?? it's unreal to think it's been that long. and i just can't really understand how we've allowed it to happen. i mean sure everyone is busy with life but seriously. i have two kids that they haven't even met and i have a niece that i haven't met. it's just sad. the only brother i see on a yearly basis is the one that lives by my parents. the last two i haven't seen for about 4 years each. it's gotten to the point that i feel guilty when we see larry's sisters because we see them all the time in comparison to my brothers. but they do live closer to us ( 3 in utah) than any of my brothers do so that is a factor. my brothers are fairly spread out, texas, georgia, california, missouri and illinois. but it weighs heavy on me that we haven't seen each other and if anything were to happen to one of them right now i just don't think i could ever forgive myself. so someway, somehow i am going to see them all this year. it is going to happen!

so that's it. that's my list. i have put alot of thought into it and i hope that i am able to accomplish all of it. i wish all of you a blessed new year!

i know - this post is a little bit late since new year's was last week, but things are a little crazy around here!

5 comments:

Jandi said...

Great list. Just think, having your brothers spread out, means you get that many MORE vacations! Good luck accomplishing!

kim said...

Good luck getting it all done. I know you can do it.

kim cherry said...

great list tammy. i will be pulling for ya!

Olivia said...

You CAN DO it! Sounds like maybe a yearly family reunion held in a different location each year might be the thing to get you and your fam...uh...reunited :) good luck, girl!

Audra said...

I hope you get to see your brothers. I can totally relate. Just this past November, all nine of my siblings gathered together to see my mom in the hospital. We hadn't been all together since 1996. Awkward, but essential for my mother to see us all again. Good luck with your goals!