Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Strawberries + Chocolate = Heaven

Shortly after we pulled into our driveway on Sunday the neighbor came over with a box addressed to me. It had been left on my doorstep and she wasn't sure how long it had been there before she picked it up. The box had perishable written all over it and I instantly began to doubt the freshness of whatever treasure lay inside. I opened the box and immediately smelled rancid berries. When the box was completely opened I surveyed the damage. At one time it had held a dozen beautifully decorated chocolate dipped strawberries. Now it just held mush. I was so sad. My dearest childhood friend had been so thoughtful in ordering these for me as a birthday surprise and now they were all ruined. After some deliberation, I decided to call the company that sent them to discuss the situation. If a box is clearly labled "perishable" it shouldn't just be left on someone's doorstep without acknowledgement of the recipient being home. Without a whole lot of conversation a new batch was on it's way to me. I got them today and I was so excited! The box has really clever sayings on it. My favorite one is on the top.
This is what the strawberries are supposed to look like. Can you say delictable?? Almost Sinful?
And they taste even better than they look. I could have eaten the whole box in one setting. Okay maybe more like two. And you have to eat them within 48 hours of receipt so if you call or stop by and I don't answer right away you know what I'll be doing....

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I HAVE to know where she got those! I am so jealous! Happy bday! I should have Tom read your blog--my bday is coming up...hmmm...

Jandi said...

I didn't even know it was your birthday last week! I am crappy. I could of at least called to sing like you did. Please forgive me. I hope your day was great on the beach in Bear Lake. Can't wait to hear, personally, about the trip. Glad you're back. Movie night anytime soon?

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

Jenn - She got them from Sharri's berries. The website is berries.com Everything they make looks so divine!