Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two Must See Movies!

Have you ever gone to the movies and when the film is over you have a sense of disappointment that the film just didn't live up to all the hype or just wasn't what you thought it was going to be? Not the case with these!

Going into this movie I knew that unless they totally botched the transfer from stage to screen we were in for a good time. This movie did not disappoint. I don't think I have ever had so much fun at the movies. We laughed, we sang along and even got a little choked up. Grab a couple of girlfriends, guys just will not appreciate it at all, and go have a fabulous time.

I am not a huge fan of comic strip super hero movies. However, since Christian Bale started wearing the batsuit, I've had a little change of heart. And seeing that I am a huge fan of the late Heath Ledger this was a must see on opening day kind of movie for me. The movie is very dark and sinister but I loved it. Heath's performance as the Joker is phenomenal and not over hyped in any way. I think it is truly his best work and I found myself sad at the end pondering once again the loss of such a great young talent. The movie is long so cut back on the drink intake as you will not want to miss a single action packed second. Excellent movie that I am sure I will see many times.

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Yes, Christian Bale is the best batman evah! I can't wait to see it. Loved mamma mia too; it was a fun one. Especially the pengiun walk :) :) :)

hansen7coleader said...

I love that you post about movies, now I know some decent ones to go see, or get on DVD which is more likely for me! Thanks!

Jandi said...

Good movie, good company, and good drink! Always FUN!

kim said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. Wish I could've gone to see Mamma Mia with ya. I agree with you-The Dark Knight was stinkin good. and Christian Bale, hmmm, what can I say, he did look good.

Kendria said...

I saw MAMA MIA- it was cute, but I am dying to see the DARK KNIGHT... I just need a babysitter! Can't wait!