Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Cold

I hate colds. I hate the blowing of the nose, the lack of sleep because you can't breath, the irritability because you are sleep deprived, the headache and pressure. It makes me cranky. So, guess what I have? That's right. A good ol summertime cold. Which I think are the worst. And to top it all off we have a crazy busy week and I don't feel like doing anything but laying in bed. But, since that is not a option I am trying to forge ahead and get stuff done. But I cannot lie, it has not been fun. Why is our week so busy you ask? Well, Bella's baptism is on Saturday and we have family coming into town. Which is going to be really fun and we are so glad that they are coming but the house does not clean itself. And when you have a cold, cleaning is the last thing you want to do. It is getting done though, just slowly. The problem with cleaning when you have small kids is that you clean something and then as soon as you turn your back, someone has messed it all up again. Why is that? Where does the urge to undo all of your hard work come from? And of course there are the day to day things that need to get done along with the special errands. So much to do, so little motivation.... I took Brendan to get a haircut yesterday and decided that it was time I got mine done as well. The original plan was to wait and have Angela cut it (she works wonders with her scissors!) but I was tired of pulling it back into a ponytail. Thinking that my cut is pretty simple and hard to mess up I climbed into the chair and went for it. Big, Giant, Colossal Mistake. As all bad haircuts start out, I thought she and I understood each other. Halfway through as massive amounts of my hair are tumbling to the floor I realize that we didn't understand each other at all. But of course by then it's way too late. So, it looks like I will still be wearing my hair in a ponytail day after day for the next few months until it grows out some. That is if the shortest layers will reach into a ponytail, which I'm not so sure they will. Oh well - It'll grow, right?? Please tell me it will grow!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh, how many bad things can happen in one week? I feel for ya, Tammy. I'm sending good hair growing vibes and get well soon wishes your way!

kim said...

It will grow back. Do not worry. I am sure your hair still looks great! Have fun with family!