Thursday, August 7, 2008

what i miss about being a kid!

As I watch my kids and the joy they find in things it makes me reminisce about being a kid myself. Childhood is such a fun and free time. You truly believe with all your heart that you can do absolutely anything.
The top ten things I miss about being a child are:
(drum roll please)

1. fireflies; we would chase them for hours and then pull off the tails (sorry, not very humane) and makes rings out of them. it makes me sad that they don't live here because i feel like my kiddos are missing out on some major fun!

2.food; being able to eat anything you wanted without thinking for a second about fat content or how many calories it possessed.

3. laughing all the time

4. riding bikes all over town with no helmet! shocking i know. how did we ever survive?

5.responsibilites - zero; no need to elaborate on that one

6.sleepovers - so many good memories, so many secrets shared

7.homecoming pep rallies and parades that ended at the park across from my house. go wildcats!

8.playing football with my brothers

9. my mom's cooking

10.being clueless to how tumultuous the world really is. ignorance is bliss so to speak.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

AMEN SISTER! I love to remember the good old days. I don't often think through them so thoroughly, so thank you for helping me to feel young and carefree again--even if it was only for a moment!

Olivia said...

Sounds like you had a very awesome childhood! I wish we had fireflies here too :(

Kendria said...

I think I miss all of those too! Man, can we go back for a little while and take advantage of some of those things? Bella's dress is so pretty by the way.