Monday, August 25, 2008

Boring, Predictable Pot Roast Begone!

Who doesn't love a good pot roast for Sunday dinner? It's been a solid standby in my family forever. Periodically I throw in a little twist here and there, just to try and jazz it up because let's face it....... it can get a little too familiar tasting. But, I got the following recipe from a friend of mine and it is so scrumptious I had to share!
1 roast
carrots and potatoes; however many you want
onion soup mix
gingerale
Put your carrots and potatoes in the bottom of a crock pot, dash of salt and pepper. Place the roast on top. Mix together the soup mix and gingerale, I used about 5-6 cups. Pour over the top of your roast and cook for about 6-8 hours. And the juice makes the best gravy. It has just a hint of ginger and is slightly sweet.

So simple and fabulous. Seriously, my family could not stop talking about how much they loved it. Huge success!! Thanks for the recipe Laura!

5 comments:

kim said...

sounds yummy and easy. kind of like the pf changs recipe-a little bit anyways. thanks for sharing.

Jenn said...

Thank YOU for that awesome recipe! I am SO trying that!

Olivia said...

Oooh, I'll have to try it. Better not tell the fam it has ginerale in it though, until after they eat it all gone, that is!

Laura Campbell said...

I also add a packet of brown gravy mix, but it sounds like it's just as good with out!!

kim cherry said...

mmm...that does sound yummy! we also had pot roast sunday. ours was with fresh herbs, salt, pepper, veggies, etc. nothing spectacular. good nonetheless. i will have to try your "spiked" version :):)