Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Matchy - Matchy

I love it when my kids match each other or at least color coordinate. It creates such a polished and classic look. Now don't misunderstand me, I am not one of those moms that drives all over town trying desperately to match everyone up. At least not very often anyway. But, it is a look that I like. Especially with the girls because I can only do that with them for so long and then they won't think it's fun or cute anymore. This is one of my favorite pictures of the kids. Easter morning 2007 everyone matchy matchy in lavender.
I found out this week that there is one kind of matchy matchy I do not like at all. It's called "blackeye and eye trauma matchy".
Brooke got hers while jumping on the tramp and colliding with another little girl. This is our first real accident on the tramp. When I saw her I thought for sure we were on our way to the emergency room with a concussion. For days it was so swollen she could hardly open her eye. I felt so bad for her!
Lily got her's while being naughty at the store. She was over tired which for her turns the mischievous meter up a few notches. Add in an empty display table, a girl that is so fast she seems to have wings on her feet, likes to climb and the result is a cut that starts right along the crease of the eye. So far it is not discolored but I am sure it will be in the next few days. With two little girls sporting such lovely facial trauma Larry and I have decided that it is best not to take them out anywhere together for awhile. I can already see the stares and here peoples whisperings as we pass by in my head. "Did you see those two girls?? I wonder what is going on in that house?....." Good times......good times.....


2 comments:

Olivia said...

Ooooh..your kids get into the most interesting perdicaments. Good thing kids heal fast! The lavendar is way cute, too.

kim said...

so what is going on in your house????? just kidding. wow, that is quite the black eye-I think Brooke must've hit that girl hard. I remember shopping for the purple shirt with you for Brendan. He sure looked handsome huh?