Sunday, June 22, 2008

Into The Wild

Tonight Brendan is having a sleepover with his buddy Kyle. They are hysterical together and we never really know what to expect. Tonight's big deal was they decided that they wanted to sleep out on the tramp. Now at first I wasn't really sure how I felt about the whole idea. But, one of my favorite childhood memories is the outdoor sleepovers that we had. So I decided that it really would be okay and we dragged out the sleeping bags for them and got them set up on the tramp.
Now, I am sure that you are wondering why on earth they are holding soft air guns. Is our neighborhood dicey?? Well.....no. But, we do have an animal control problem.
So the boys decided that they were going to "hunt" the raccoons tonight. They are absolutely and totally convinced that the raccoons are going to make an appearance. And when they do - they will be ready!! But until then, they have pulled back the curtains from the window so that they can watch tv from the tramp. Not sure what they are doing about the sound, but they don't seem to care. I am sure that they will have all kinds of interesting stories to tell me in the morning. Will they last the night outside?? Or will the draw of videogames pull them back in.......

3 comments:

kim cherry said...

that is so funny! see, your house is way cooler than mine. all they have here is a boring, messy basement! thanks for hosting this sleepover...yet again!!!! :)

Olivia said...

Once again, you are the coolest mom ever. How fun!

Kendria said...

I love sleepovers like this! I love how they are going to hunt raccoons... Do you know how to make COON SKIN HATS? You could make some extra side money with those! :)