Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Schwan Man

The Schwan man comes to our neighborhood every other Thursday. Now, I love stuff from the Schwan man but don't ever buy it because it is just too pricey. However, he has figured out that Larry is a sucker. It's the truth and Larry will readily admit it. So now, the Schwan man only stops at our house if he sees Larry's truck in the driveway. Why - because he knows that Larry
will buy something! So tonight, around five o'clock the doorbell rings and there is the Schwan man. I tell him that we don't need anything but make the mistake of looking at Larry who is waving his arms, crazed ice cream deprived look in his eyes. What's a gal to do?? By the time the Schwan man pulls away we (and by that I mean Larry) have purchased; chocolate crunch bars, jr. bomb pops and chocolate brownie ice cream. Now, what would the total be for this wonderful purchase you might ask?? A whopping $24 bucks! That is so ridiculous. We could have bought twice as much stuff somewhere else. Quantity over quality is what I am looking for. But for some reason, Larry just can't seem to reach the same conclusion as me. So, the next time you see that wonderful little truck in your neighborhood think of me and my ice cream addicted husband who just can't say no!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

That is so funny. I'm the sucker in our family. Good thing the schwan man never drives into our little cul de sac!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Tammy, I saw your blog on Michiko's blog. Send me your email address to emilycprice@gmail.com and I will invite you to be a reader of my blog (if you want to).
Emily Price